Welcome to the website for the 7th Massachusetts Middle School Track and Field Championship Meet that is scheduled for Saturday, June 3, 2017. All middle school track and field athletes from public, private, parochial, and homeschools, in grades 5-8, who meet the qualifying standards, are welcome to participate. Please review the website for all meet information and registration deadlines.
Divisions 1 and 3 will compete from 10:15-3:00. Division 2 will compete immediately afterwards.
Rain date: Sunday, June 4, 2017
Facility: The meet will be held at Clinton High School. This facility offers an 8-lane track, 2 long jump areas, 1 high jump area, and three throwing areas(1 shot put, 1 discus, and 1 javelin).
All meet registrations will be done at www.coachoregistration.com
- Deadline for Intent to Enter online form is Friday, May 19, 2017.
- Deadline for on-time CoachO entry is Friday, May 26, 2017.
- An additional fee of $50.00 is charged for Late CoachO entry between Saturday, May 27, 2017 and Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 9:00 pm.
- Meet Fee Payment or school purchase order must be received by Wednesday, May 31, 2017 or your team will not participate. No exceptions will be made. Meet Fee payment may be made online through CoachO or mailed to the meet director.
- There are no day of meet entries.
- The entry fee is $8.00 for each team athlete participating at the meet.
- Note that you owe for each entry made on-line. There are NO REFUNDS for scratches or “no shows.”
- All entry fee questions should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Rules and Guidelines:
- The meet director requires that you complete an Intent to Enter form for this meet by 9pm, Eastern, Friday, May 19, 2017. Click INTENT TO ENTER
- The USATF rule book will be followed during the meet.
- Athletes who participate in another school sport during the spring, other than track and field, are not eligible to compete.
- Homeschooled athletes who participate on a middle school track and field team score points for that team.
- Homeschooled athletes who are unattached do not score any points and may not participate in the relays or events that have a preliminary heat.
- No athlete may be entered in more than two events, including relays. Entry as an alternate counts as one of the athlete’s two events.
- There is a maximum of 3 entries, per school, per event.
- Only one relay team per event is allowed.
- Event scoring is as follows: 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.
- Divisions are based on 2015-2016 enrollment data (grades 6-8) posted at the DESE website. Click HERE to determine your school’s enrollment and meet division.
Division 3 – 400 and under;
Division 2 – 401-700;
Division 1 – 701 and up.
If a school has a grade that is not eligible to compete, the enrollment for that grade will be subtracted from the school’s total enrollment number (grades 6-8).
A letter from the school’s principal must be emailed to the meet director stating what grade is not eligible to compete. A copy of the school policy stating why that grade is not eligible to compete must be attached.
Any team whose athletes are allowed to participate on a varsity team will placed one division higher since those athletes have a distinct advantage of competing at a higher level during the spring season.
- Private schools must email enrollment data (boys and girls) to the meet director.
- The top 8 finishers in each event (including relay teams) receive a medal. They will be called to the infield to receive their medals and have their names announced.
- The top 3 boys’ and girls’ teams in each division will bring home a trophy.
- Athletes will compete by division on the track and in the field.
- All results will be posted on the wall near the bathrooms. The results will be posted by division.
- All competitors in the field events will receive 3 attempts. In the long jump and throwing events the top 10 will receive 2 additional attempts in the finals.
- A minimum distance will be required for measurement of attempts in the long jump, shot put, discus, and turbo javelin.
- All long jumpers and high jumpers should arrive to the meet with their steps pre-measured. Measuring tapes will be attached to the runways to assist athletes.
- Throwing and long jump competitors will be grouped in flights based on entry marks. Flights will compete from shortest distance qualifiers to longest distance qualifiers.
- All jumpers and throwers are allowed one jump, run-through, or throw between flights.
- Throwers must use the throwing implements provided at the meet. Any thrower using his/her own implements will be disqualified.
- Timing for all track events is Fully Automatic Timing.
- If a track athlete misses his or her heat, no accommodations will be made to squeeze him or her into a later heat.
- Non-competitors (parents, and non-competing athletes) are NOT allowed inside the fence surrounding the track. There will be restricted access in the field events.
- All teams will be issued two coach’s passes on a lanyard that must be worn in order to get on the infield.
The meet is sanctioned by USA Track & Field. Each competitor must submit an Assumption of Risk / Waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian (not the coach) before they will be issued any bib number or be allowed to compete. It is the coach’s responsibility to submit a signed document for each athlete they have entered. These must be presented on meet day, and be ordered alphabetically. After verification, the coach will receive their meet materials.
An EMT and Athletic Trainer will be onsite.
Meet Director: email@example.com
Mass Champs, 4 Parsons Road, Hubbardston, MA 01452
- General admission is $6.00. The price includes a meet program. Kids under 12 get in for free.
- A refreshment concession will be available.
- Meet T-shirts and sweatshirts will be sold. Prices will range from $15-$25