Welcome to the website for the 9th Massachusetts Middle School Track and Field Championship Meet that is scheduled for Saturday, June 1, 2019. All middle school track and field athletes from public, private, parochial, and homeschools, in grades 5-8, who meet the qualifying standards, are welcome to participate. Please review the website for all meet information and registration deadlines.
Divisions 1 and 3 will compete from 10:15-3:00. Division 2 will compete immediately afterwards.
Rain date: Sunday, June 2, 2019
Facility: Clinton High School
All meet registrations will be done at www.coachoregistration.com
- Deadline for Intent to Enter online form is Friday, May 17, 2019.
- Deadline for on-time CoachO entry is Friday, May 24, 2019.
- An additional fee of $50.00 is charged for Late CoachO entry between Saturday, May 25, 2019 and Tuesday, May 28, 2019, 2:00 pm.
- Meet Fee Payment or school purchase order must be received by Wednesday, May 29, 2019 or your team will not participate. No exceptions will be made. Meet Fee payment may be made online through CoachO or mailed to the meet director.
- There are no day of meet entries.
- The entry fee is $8.00 for each team athlete participating at the meet.
- Note that you owe for each entry made on-line. There are NO REFUNDS for scratches or “no shows.”
- All entry fee questions should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Rules and Guidelines:
- The Meet Director requires that you complete an Intent to Enter form for this meet by 9pm, Eastern, Friday, May 17, 2019. Click INTENT TO ENTER
- The USATF rule book will be followed during the meet.
- Athletes who participate in another school sport during the spring, other than track and field, are not eligible to compete.
- Homeschooled athletes who participate on a middle school track and field team score points for that team.
- No athlete may be entered in more than two events, including relays. Entry as an alternate counts as one of the athlete’s two events.
- There is a maximum of 3 entries, per school, per event.
- Schools may enter one relay team per event.
- Event scoring is as follows: 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.
- Divisions are based on 2017-2018 enrollment data (grades 6-8) posted at the DESE website. Click HERE to determine your school’s enrollment and meet division.
Division 3 – 400 and under;
Division 2 – 401-700;
Division 1 – 701 and up.
If a school has a grade that is not eligible to compete, the enrollment for that grade will be subtracted from the school’s total enrollment number (grades 6-8).
A letter from the school’s principal must be emailed to the meet director stating what grade is not eligible to compete. A copy of the school policy stating why that grade is not eligible to compete must be attached.
Any team whose athletes are allowed to participate on a varsity team will placed one division higher since those athletes have a distinct advantage of competing at a higher level during the spring season.
- Private schools must email enrollment data (boys and girls) to the meet director.
- The top 8 finishers in each event (including relay teams) receive a medal.
- The top 3 boys’ and girls’ teams in each division will bring home a trophy.
- Athletes will compete by division on the track and in the field.
- All results will be posted on the fence near the concession stand.
- All competitors in the field events will receive 3 attempts.
- A minimum distance will be required for measurement of attempts in the long jump, shot put, discus, and turbo javelin.
- All long jumpers and high jumpers should arrive to the meet with their steps pre-measured. Measuring tapes will be attached to the runways to assist athletes.
- Throwing and long jump competitors will be grouped in flights based on entry marks. Flights will compete from shortest distance qualifiers to longest distance qualifiers.
- All jumpers and throwers are allowed one jump, run-through, or throw between flights.
- Throwers must use the throwing implements provided at the meet. Any thrower using his/her own implements will be disqualified.
- Timing for all track events is Fully Automatic Timing.
- If a track athlete misses his or her heat, no accommodations will be made to squeeze him or her into a later heat.
- Non-competitors (parents, coaches, and athletes) are NOT allowed inside the fence surrounding the track. There will be restricted access in the field event areas.
The meet is sanctioned by USA Track & Field. Each competitor must submit an Assumption of Risk / Waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian (not the coach) before they will be issued any bib number or be allowed to compete. It is the coach’s responsibility to submit a signed document for each athlete they have entered. These must be presented on meet day, and be ordered alphabetically. After verification, the coach will receive their meet materials.
An EMT and Athletic Trainer will be onsite.
Meet Director: email@example.com
Mass Champs, 4 Parsons Road, Hubbardston, MA 01452
- General admission is $6.00. The price includes a meet program. Kids under 12 get in for free.
- A refreshment concession will be available.
- Meet T-shirts and sweatshirts will be sold.